As a landlord, you are not only responsible for collecting rent every month, but also for maintaining the health of your building. Working to construct an environment that is safe and spacious is hard work. On top of this, you should be monitoring the well being of each resident to prevent accidents and injuries. In order to promote a complex with fewer risks, you should think about implementing a healthy living apartment community program. This can help everyone feel more at home.
Organizing a wellness program cannot be done alone. Setting up a meeting with tenants and figuring out what the community will entail will help raise awareness. In addition, everyone who decides to participate should sign some sort of agreement to be eligible. Here are some tips to encourage healthy living in your apartment building:
- Create a community garden. This can be out on the lawn or even on the roof. Doing this can promote exercise and healthy eating.
- Put on an event in which residents can partake in healthy cooking classes. This way, families can spend time together, prepare a great meal, and also learn about fire hazards in the process.
- Give your residents the opportunity to gather together and exercise for fun. This can include running, biking, or participating in an intramural sports team.
- Start weight loss competition in which everyone is supportive and not hurting others’ feelings.
- Build an apartment complex that is designed to reduce asthma triggers through high quality air filters and low-allergen landscaping.
- Advocate for smoke free apartment homes so no one is exposed to such dangerous toxins.
At JPL Insurance Services, we hope you work to promote a healthy living community in your building. As a landlord, you are supposed to manage everything that goes on with your residents in order to promote safety. However, you can’t be everywhere at once. In order to make sure your back is covered, you may need apartment building insurance. This policy can safeguard your investment from the unique risks you face.