As the hot weather continues on, your air conditioner may be working in over drive. However, since it sweating it out too, this could mean more reasons for malfunctions. Keeping this device clean, not dirty, and fixed can help you survive the warm summer.
Dealing with air conditioner problems is no fun, especially when it is unbearably hot. The last thing you need to happen is for it to break or cause damages to your home as a result. In order to make sure this device doesn’t ruin your summer, here are some tips to follow:
- Stay on top of your air conditioner maintenance. You should have it checked before it has the chance to break down.
- Regular cleaning is extremely important in order for the device to function properly.
- Remember to change the filter monthly. If you don’t, this could be exposing your family to dangerous particles in the air.
- An air-conditioning technician can clean the drain of your air conditioner with a high pressure vacuum. This should be done yearly to prevent mold growth on the walls.
- Cleaning the air-conditioner coils with a garden hose, gloves, safety glasses, and special spray.
- Inspect the entire system each month. You don’t want it to become clogged with dust or allergens.
At JPL Insurance Services, we hope these tips help your loved ones have a cool summer. Staying on top of your air conditioner can save you lots of sweat, tears, and money. In addition, it can improve your entire home. However, if you are fearful that an accident or injury could occur, you can find peace of mind with our home insurance. This policy can protect and match the needs of your family. Let us help you find policies that will work well for your lifestyle and goals today!